ICN2 - official website www.icn2.cat - is an independent non-profit research organisation (with the legal status of a Private Foundation) based in Barcelona (Spain).
It is funded by the Regional government of Catalonia and the Spanish Research Council (CSIC). Its core activities are:
- Frontier Basic and Applied Research in Nanoscience and Nanotechnology
- Technology Transfer
- Public Outreach.
ICN2's main research fields include:
- Biosensing and Bioelectronics
- Chemical Synthesis of Nanostructures
- Materials at the Nanoscale, Microscopy (AFM, SEM, TEM, STM, etc.)
- Nanofabrication (FIB) & Nanolithography
- Phononics and Photonics
- Theory and Simulation
- Spectroscopy (Raman, XRD, XPS, etc.)
- Surface Properties.
Our research involves a wide variety of materials:
- Biomolecules (DNA, RNA, proteins, etc.)
- arbon nanotubes
- Inorganic nanoparticles
- Inorganic thin films
- Metal-organic frameworks
- Organic polymers and O/I hybrids
- Thermoelectric materials
- Topological insulators.
ICN2 role in NFFA Europe:
ICN2 provides access to Growth and Synthesis; Theory and Simulation; Characterisation
ICN2 contributes to Joint Research on In-Operando and high throughput methods